The ‘Liverpool’ represents three years research into an amplifier design based around an EL84 class A power section design and two quite different preamp stages: channel one with an EF86 tube and channel two with an ECC83 offering a wide variety of tones very simply dialled in.
As you would expect from the name and configuration the sound is very 60’s British but the unique twist is that you can achieve high levels of overdrive by ‘cascading’ the channels and using the ‘gravy’ and ‘thrust’ switches (yes really, they are called this).
We have used a minimum of components to retain the vintage feel and sound making your fingers the stars of the show.
The amplifier has speaker outputs for 4, 8 and 16 ohms so basically they can be used with virtually any configuration of cabinet.
Speakers are vitally important and Supertone have developed our own design Alnico loudspeakers which are handmade in England.
The cabinets are available in 1 x 12” (Larry), 2 x 10” (Andy), 2 x 12” (Eric) and 3 x 10” (Pete) configurations. .
They are built and designed by master engineer Dan Whitelock-Jones of in Liverpool, England who is working in collaboration with our very own tonemeister, session guitarist and music producer .
SO WHAT'S THE SPECIFICATION?
- Two independent channels linkable in series (cascade)
- Voltage selector switch for use with 240V or 120V AC (50Hz)
- Three speaker outputs set at 4, 8 and 16 Ohms
- Two models: 18 Watts or 36 Watts of class A power delivered by two / four EL84 tubes
- Ultra quiet due to superior grounding and ground plane optimised design
- Finest components, hand-wired on tag strip
- Custom wound power and output transformers to Supertone specifications
- Pre Amp output and Power Amp input specifically to be used with the external Supertone ‘Effects King’ gain impedance interface
- Handmade cabinet, finger jointed 18mm baltic birch marine ply and available in two colours of tour grade tolex (black and chocolate), leather or hardwood
- Hand selected and matched preamp and poweramp tubes
Read the .